This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 Scap Shrugs Form Check

Started by Leonhard Krahé, July 27, 2016 · 8 Replies · 105 Views

Leonhard Krahé

Hi everyone,

after working on the technique of these forever, I'd like to have your opinion if they are finally good enough to work on volume.

Sorry for the blurriness.

 

 

As always, any input is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Luke Searra

Hello Leonhard , thank you for the video. Just a couple of things I would like to see - I would like to see you pinching your scaps together more on the bottom of the scap pushup as well as having (if possible), even MORE PPT (posterioir pelvic tilt). Once again great job.

Leonhard Krahé

Hi Luke, thanks for your reply!
Even more PPT - will be working on that.
Retraction - I had made it a conscious effort to retract slightly less than all the way because like this, the rep feels more controlled but I'll revisit this.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Leonhard Krahé:)

i would suggest that you try protraction and retraction while sitting down, standing up, incline on some elevated surface(as an added warmup/habit/routine) because this will hasten your progress. i know how you feel, that you have been working on shrugs like forever but you will really need these because it will become your warmup. keep up the good work. shrugs has huge carryover on the other elements.

Leonhard Krahé

Hi Leo,

thanks as well! Actually, I already do as you suggested, I protract and retract quite a bit during the day (sounds super weird as I'm writing it) and usually do a set or two of incline shrugs for warmup (I had actually regressed to 5x15r inclined before - maybe I need to revisit that). I am aware that the shrugs will be of huge benefit so I want to do things right here.

Luke Searra

Yes absolutely, shrugs are invaluable and will carry over into everything. Make sure you keep them included.

Luke Searra

Yes Leonhard - in reply to your previous response retract as much and possible with straight arms and protract of course, as much as possible.

Leonhard Krahé

Will do and then report back.

Luke Searra

GB will be waiting.