This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sardines on toast

Started by Daniel Christensen, July 27, 2016 · 3 Replies · 146 Views

Daniel Christensen

Hi All

Up until I got up to 'breakfast construction' I was having sardines on toast for the fat and protein. Now I need to drop the toast, but the idea of sardines straight from the tin does not appeal. I can revert to eggs or a smoothie, but has anyone found a low-to-no carb substitute for toast?

Regards

Dan

Julia Quigley

Just a reminder that Thrive 1 doesn't require you to drop anything from your diet--though that's clearly the recommendation with carbs and breskfast. If you'd like to stick to sardines on toast, you could.

That "disclaimer" aside, I haven't found much to substitute bread :( I occasionally like smoked trout mixed with herbs and plain Greek yogurt, but it's FAR better with rice crackers than it is on a spoon lol. Not sure that would work with sardines anyway! 

 

Daniel Christensen

Thanks Julia

I'll try cut the carbs, unless I get sardine-and-toast withdrawal.

Kelby O'Shea

Hi Daniel, 

I cut bread out of my breakfasts just over two years ago when I started playing with paleo, before I found this program. At the time I used to have bread Italian style - as a side for every meal more or less. How I did it was to cut back the serving size gradually over weeks.

2 slices, then 1 slice, then half a slice then half a slice every other day and finally no toast. I now don't like toast with breakfast. I have sardines for breakfast a fair bit as well, but I have them with scrambled eggs and some lightly wilted spinach. After eating that, you won't feel like you're missing out with toast - all killer no filler.