It's taken 2 months to groove the movement pattern (I'm so used to the incline row). Anyway I hope I nailed it before I start increasing the reps. You thoughts are welcomed.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Carlos Jimenez, July 27, 2016 · 2 Replies · 63 Views
It's taken 2 months to groove the movement pattern (I'm so used to the incline row). Anyway I hope I nailed it before I start increasing the reps. You thoughts are welcomed.
The movement should be refined in many different aspects as follows:
1-butt closer to the floor during all the movement
2-no arch in the lower back. the bottom position should be with PPT and core engagement
3- at the top of the hinge row the shoulders should be at elbows height. you can simply correct the butt distance from floor while holding the straps length the same as now
4- a solid scapula retraction must be showed at the top.
The co-ordination for this movement is always usually extremely difficult to groove. Another good way to groove hinge movement is to start without the rings - sitting on the floor with your legs in front of you (ring-less hinge row), and mimic the movement including arms. This is how your hinge row should feel when you move onto the rings.