Wishlist

Started by Razz, December 8, 2009 · 21 Replies · 4,952 Views

Razz

Seeking inspiration for my christmas wish list, what's everyones wishes? May it be training or non training related.

so far I have the following.

books

Stretching scientifically - Thomas Kurz

Modern trends in strength training - Charles Poliquin

Science and Practice of Strength Training-2nd Edition - Vladimir Zatsiorsky, William Kraemer

Girth control - Alan Aragon

other stuff

Elite strength trainer (if this is still for sale)

X-vest probably the 84lb model

Sternford

Hoping to get the rings, though I have nowhere to hang them.

Joshua Naterman

I JUST got a second fridge, so I can cross that off my list :)

I want a power rack :) I won't have it until sometime this spring, but it will come. :)

Then I can do almost everything at home. ^_^ Happy thoughts! :P Let's see... I actually think that's it. Oh, a split set of paralletes. I'm going to modify mine over the break.

Oh! NEW ELBOWS. ^_^:lol:

Edit: A new digital camera! :P

Ryan Libke

Free standing pull-up bar for backyard - and a bigger backyard

Vibram 5-finger Moc shoes

16 - pound shotput

Prowler sled

Pommels for EGE trainer

Stall bars

Good looks and Charm -Its a wish list.

Joshua Naterman

For the 16 lb shotput you could get a small kids ball, like one of those kickballs and fill it with cement! It might be a little big, but not too much and the extra size will work your stabilizers!

Gregor

hmmm Victorian :mrgreen::mrgreen:

wishes:

E flop on one pommel (for one of my kids)

Razz

nice one Gregor think that'll be on my wishlist in 5 years time :mrgreen: and probably for the next 5 years after that :mrgreen:

Just realised the shipping to qatar for a 60lbs x-vest is 350$, even more than the vest itself, so I can cross that off my list :(

Joshua Naterman

Can't you buy them without the weight? You've got enough sand there to make your own weight sacks :)

Ryan Libke

Shipping is tough even domestically when something is heavy. Tough in the meaning that it is expensive. I think even Santa Claus objects to delivering bounce plates, large rubber mats, or weight vests.

Razz

Wolf I think you're right about santa :P

And slizz I have nothing but sand here, could make weight vests for the entire world :lol:

Mark Weaver

Wolf,

I have the Vibram Five Finger KSO and love them.

Wishlist:

homemade stall bars - just got to finish painting first so my wife's happy

rokenboks for my little boy

Joshua Naterman

KSO FOR THE WIN!!! I do EVERYTHING in them. Even the laundry.

Joshua Naterman

And, for the record, I no longer have to wish for perfect scores on my finals, because I got them all! YEA BOOOIIII!!! I'm going to the GYM to do some FRIKKIN' heavy partials as a celebration!

Mark Weaver

slizzardman

what are you majoring in?

Joshua Naterman

Mark: RIght now i'm majoring BS in psychology, going through to at least Masters in counseling, but probably Ph.D. before I go back to get exercise science, with the goal of a graduate degree in kinesiology. Of course I'll be plugging away at that as I am able, I love school. Mostly because it gets me that piece of paper that the rest of the world needs to see :) But also because I am really, really good at learning.

Heinrich: I feel you man, I was daydreaming about constructing my own super tall rack last evening hahaha! Those vests aren't bad, they just don't have the tight custom fit of the X-Vest. But guess what: You can modify them. Just get one of those stupid lab belts, the neoprene stretchy ones that people use to "burn belly fat." Use that to make the vest form fitting at your waist! Voila, custom fit on the cheap. And you can always add more weight, or buy two and wear one on the other if you get to that point.

Ryan Libke

I want to add to my wish list. After revisiting BtGB the other night, specifically the section on handstands, wherein Coach whets our appetite for the upcoming Handstand Chronicles, I am adding it to the wish list. Understanding that the author is hard at work, I nevertheless am having a hard time waiting. :wink:

Razz
Wolf with one Ear said:
I want to add to my wish list. After revisiting BTGB the other night, specifically the section on handstands, wherein Coach whets our appetite for the upcoming Handstand Chronicles, I am adding it to the wish list. Understanding that the author is hard at work, I nevertheless am having a hard time waiting. :wink:

+1 :mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman

Me too! ALthough I have to say that personally, I am looking forward to Liquid Steel™ even more.

Richard Duelley

I am looking forward to the Handstand Chronicles the most but then an VERY close second is All Muscle No Iron (the ring strength book!). :mrgreen:

Charles Weill
slizzardman said:
KSO FOR THE WIN!!! I do EVERYTHING in them. Even the laundry.

Ever tried Terra Plana's Vivo Barefoot? I own the brown leather aqua, and they are light enough to perform levers in without too much difficult. Definitely targetted towards the community that prefers to not be shod. Great for wide feet!

Cue the world's smallest feet: I can't wear KSO's 'cause my middle and index toes are partially webbed. :cry:

Seiji

Sorry Gregor, I called victorian :D (loljk)

I'm going to get planche in 2010. Hopefully a manna, but I don't know where my progress stands for that one. I should be getting sort of close.

A FIXED SHOULDER. and soon.