This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 091208

Started by Coach Sommer, December 8, 2009 · 2 Replies · 820 Views

Coach Sommer

WOD%20-%20091208.jpg

Perform the following:

3 sets of: 3 MU, 3 Bulgarian Dips, roll backwards to 3 Tick Tocks

5x15sec Descending XR L-sits

Finish the workout with 2x10 Wall Extensions.

notes:

1) Do not rest during the Ring strength series.

2) Rest at least 3-5 minutes between ring strength sets.

3) Complete all three ring strength sets prior to beginning the Descending XR L-sits.

4) Select the most challenging MU variation that you can perform virtuously.

5) Choose the most challenging BL & FL variations that you are capable of using for the Tick Tocks. If Tick Tocks are not challenging enough, add a 15 second hold to each of the lever positions.

6) The XR L-sit is found on BtGB, pg. 29. Remember that the elbows should be completely straight with the rings turned out for the greatest strength gains.

7) Use a tempo of 15-0-1-0 (moving from the L-sit to a straight body straight arm support). This tempo is read as a 15 second descent, no pause at the bottom, a one second descent and no pause before beginning the next repetition. Break the five repetitions up as needed.

Razz
Coach Sommer said:

This tempo is read as a 15 second descent, no pause at the bottom, a one second ascent and no pause before beginning the next repetition.

fixed :mrgreen:

Richard Duelley

Wow the ring series was great (they always are! 8) ) but the TUT XR L-sits really got me. I think I would be fine if I did them by themselves but when combined with the ring series I was really pushing myself to finish the L-sits with good form. I mean I have done sets of 15 second XR L-sits before but lowering down slowly and exploding back up was tough. I found it particularly difficult to hold the L-sit solid after exploding my legs back up, I really had to concentrate on keeping the rings stable. I did the first two in a row and then had to hope down in between the next 3 and shake it out! :mrgreen: