How's this? Any tips?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams, July 25, 2016 · 7 Replies · 165 Views
How's this? Any tips?
I like the elevated head at the start to help you get into the bridge. Looks good to me Cameron.
looking good. i would just like to add to push more with your upper back to open more your chest.
Hands should be held closer, no spine extension with straight arms overhead should be done with a wide grip.
My personal impression it is a good thoracic extension but not enough flexion. the first goal should be push the armpit out rather than simply try to open the chest.
Great tips/comments... thank you Alessandro, Leo, and Everett!
Will work on opening up more chest and armpits
On 26/7/2016 at 9:02 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:no spine extension with straight arms overhead should be done with a wide grip.
Sorry if I use Cameron topic, but I'd like to ask @Alessandro Mainente why is a wide grip wrong?
To do exercises like elevated thoracic bridge or elevated bridge push-ups, I start with my head on the ground, then I put my hands at a double (or more) shoulder width and push from there.
If I keep my arms closer, I can't get them straight, they remain bent. I think because of terrible arm flexion and thoracic extension mobility.
it is bad because it promotes shoulder luxation especially if you are very tight, exception is when bridge is performed with dorsal grip and full external rotation. but in order to avoid injury must be adjusted the height of the feet rather then the hands distance. think about a baseball player performing a fast shoot, the arm is moved backward with a very high speed with the upper arm that moves behind the back with a similar inclination to a wide bridge. often this position when forced it is a cause of luxation and labrum tear. the upper arm orientation is the same in a baseball player of a person with very tight lats and subscapularis, a typical sign of this problem is the bent arms on full flexion.
Ok, thank you Alessandro, I think I get it. I'll go with high feet position and I'll post a form check me too.