This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE3 Form

Started by Daniel Miles, July 25, 2016 · 7 Replies · 98 Views

Daniel Miles

Hi Guys,

I've just broken through a long plateau of only managing 2-3 reps of this exercise, now doing 4-6 reps which is good! However I just wanted to get a form check in to make sure i'm maximising my results.

There's a couple of things i'm not sure on:

1) Maybe not enough PPT, although I feel like im locking my glutes in too much?

2) Is depth of lean far enough?

3) Should I go deeper on the push (maybe lift head up to allow chest to floor)

thanks!

 

Everett Carroll

1) PPT looks good but that's easier for us to see if you don't have a shirt on.

2) You could lean a little bit more. 

3) Touch your chest to the floor.

Solid work overall, Daniel.

Toni Laukkavaara

locking glutes too much :D thats a new one. i agree with ^. little bit more lean ( your hands should be lower than ribs) and touch your chest to floor (hips should touch the floor first tho)

Petri Widsten

As above, hips and chest to the floor. You can also see that your forearms become vertical as you push up - you should keep leaning during this stage and a sign of that is that your elbows remain in front of your hands. Otherwise these will be a hybrid of PE2 and PE3.

Daniel Miles

Thanks for all the feedback will do! If I lean any further It feels pretty intense on the hands (wrists okay). Think I lack the strength to lean further at the moment but will definitely try.

is this angle okay to work at to build volume? Or should I just decrease the reps and work with a further lean? Should it be the same depth as a planche lean? 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Decrease reps and work on mobility/ROM issues now. Build volume once you have the correct form. 

Petri Widsten

In my experience the extent of lean is one thing that should be progressed as strength and form allow. Maintaining that same degree of lean throughout the rep is a thing lots of people don't seem to focus on.

Alessandro Mainente
18 minutes ago, Petri Widsten said:

In my experience the extent of lean is one thing that should be progressed as strength and form allow. Maintaining that same degree of lean throughout the rep is a thing lots of people don't seem to focus on.

Is this exactly for this reason that the protocol suggested is :

-holding the first sets and reps schema (e.g. for this exercise 3x2) until a proper lean is demonstrated;

-then progress over the assigned template.