This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Tumbling 1, daily excercises

Started by Jo Erik Hesthagen, July 25, 2016 · 7 Replies · 434 Views

Jo Erik Hesthagen

Hi all,

I just completed the Fundamentals-course, and went on to purchase F1 with GP Pro+, Handstand and Movement.

As today is my first day on the new courses, I'm trying to understand the program for each day. 

For F1 and Handstand, it's quite straight forward, but the Tumbling part puzzles me a bit. 

Looking at my first tumbling-day (tomorrow), the program suggests doing T1/2.1, T1/3.1, T1/4.1, T1/5.1, T1/6.1, T1/7.1, T1/8.1, and T1/9.1

I think i will fail already on T1/2.1, and can't really understand that the program suggest me to try all the first progressions on 2.1 - 9.1.

Am I missing out on something here?

Regards,

Jo Erik

Everett Carroll

Hey Jo,

Access your course intro articles, scroll down to movement, and click on "How to Train Movement Series". The recommendation is as follows:

Begin by working on, the diagnostic section (Section 1). 

Once section 1 is mastered, train sections 2,3, and possibly 4, together. 

There are more detailed instructions on progressing within those sections in the course material. 

 

Jo Erik Hesthagen
4 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Jo,

Access your course intro articles, scroll down to movement, and click on "How to Train Movement Series". The recommendation is as follows:

Begin by working on, the diagnostic section (Section 1). 

Once section 1 is mastered, train sections 2,3, and possibly 4, together. 

There are more detailed instructions on progressing within those sections in the course material. 

 

Hi Everett,

Thanks for your pointer. I found it! :-) And now I see that more or less everything is explained in those pages, so I think I'm good :-) Thx!

Alessandro Mainente

Fro your current level (since you completed fundamentals) the best solution could be spend on the section 1 at least 5 to 10 minutes and increase the time as your proficiency increases. I consider also some stretch courses very useful to improves the progression of foundations.

Jo Erik Hesthagen
On 7/29/2016 at 6:24 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Fro your current level (since you completed fundamentals) the best solution could be spend on the section 1 at least 5 to 10 minutes and increase the time as your proficiency increases. I consider also some stretch courses very useful to improves the progression of foundations.

Thank you Alessandro, I'll consider adding some stretch-courses.

Regards,

Jo Erik

Matt Robinson

I'm really sorry, as I know many have asked this, but I don't understand. I've read the material and it says build up to 30+ minutes of work in each element i.e shoulder roll. However each progression has mastery set at 5x5r. So presumably when you achieve 5x5 you move on to the next progression the following week? Which if that is the case how do you build up to 30+ minutes of work? 5 x 5 surely won't take 30+ minutes, so do you do some of the mastered progressions first to increase the time you're spending doing that element?

Sorry for the stupid question, but the 30 minute thing seems to contradict the 5x5 template unless it dos take 30mins to do 5 sets. Or does that time allow for repeated attempts at getting 5 perfect reps in a row 5 times?

Alessandro Mainente

Because it is basically impossible to perform all the reps perfectly. this means that in order to achieve 5 perfect sets of 5 reps maybe you need 25 sets. when we talk about strength the template it is the work you have to do. when we talk about technique the template assigned  it is the total sets and reps you have to do perfectly no matter how  much time ti takes. another example. i'm working on supine grip straight bar handstand and basically i can hold it for 10 seconds. I have to do 5x10'' of technical work, no matter how many sets, I need   5 sets of 10. sometime it takes 10 sets in total, but with the time you will move to 5 sets exactly. now it is time to move forward.

Matt Robinson
On 10/20/2016 at 11:01 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Because it is basically impossible to perform all the reps perfectly. this means that in order to achieve 5 perfect sets of 5 reps maybe you need 25 sets. when we talk about strength the template it is the work you have to do. when we talk about technique the template assigned  it is the total sets and reps you have to do perfectly no matter how  much time ti takes. another example. i'm working on supine grip straight bar handstand and basically i can hold it for 10 seconds. I have to do 5x10'' of technical work, no matter how many sets, I need   5 sets of 10. sometime it takes 10 sets in total, but with the time you will move to 5 sets exactly. now it is time to move forward.

Thanks Alessandro. That now makes sense.