This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE1 Form Check

Started by Becky Strahan, July 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 37 Views

Becky Strahan

I'm just about a month into foundation, getting familiar with PE1. Wanted to get some form feedback before I move much further. Scap movement is challenging for me, as I have a history of shoulder impingement issues, so I'll start with this one. Thanks in advance!

-Becky

Everett Carroll

Hey Becky,

Solid work! For the PE, I recommend slowing the tempo down a bit and depressing your scapulas more (shoulder away from ears). Over the remaining cycles, you will develop better ROM for retraction and protraction so I'm not super worried about that.

Try to get both knees all the way to the ground in the iM. Keep up the work and avoid future impingement issues by staying steady and patient.

Becky Strahan
12 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Becky,

Solid work! For the PE, I recommend slowing the tempo down a bit and depressing your scapulas more (shoulder away from ears). Over the remaining cycles, you will develop better ROM for retraction and protraction so I'm not super worried about that.

Try to get both knees all the way to the ground in the iM. Keep up the work and avoid future impingement issues by staying steady and patient.

Thanks so much! I will work on both!