This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seal FORM check (shoulders?)

Started by Davide Isernia, July 23, 2016 · 2 Replies · 79 Views

Davide Isernia

Good evening,

I'm looking for feedback while trying some Seal positions and variations as I recently notice that I might have "Scapula Dyskinesis".

I attached a short video I just did to figure out if something or nothing wrong in my shoulders?
What do you think? Is that is? Scapula Dyskinesis? Am I wrong?
Should I avoid any specific exercise and do some other specific to address this?

Dont know if I am right or not about the "diagnosis".
This was my last video (did this 1 h ago) basically just to show the shoulders, I can keep the right form if I want, but the shoulders look "weird"? Am I wrong?

Thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pn4wxg53cqc4wr/shoulders.mp4?dl=0

 

 

 

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Since "Seal" is also a yoga asana(position) known as upward facing dog.

Don't worry about your scapula does. You need to push your hips as forward as you can while simultaneously pulling your shoulders back and doing your best to keep your scapula depressed.

Everett Carroll

Rayne is right. Keep working on your scapular depression and retraction.