This is my first form check. I think I'm doing it right, but I don't want to move on if I'm not. Any feedback is appreciated.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Stephen Thayer, July 22, 2016 · 9 Replies · 82 Views
This is my first form check. I think I'm doing it right, but I don't want to move on if I'm not. Any feedback is appreciated.
Nice way to take a break! Looks really good.
Cool set up Stephen and good trunk and LE mobility.
Looks like your shoulder rotation ROM might be about 50% of what is needed when compared to mastery video. I think the last 50% of shoulder rotation is the cherry on the top of this exercise for full rotator cuff engagement. This was the feedback I received on this exercise a long time ago.
I took another look at my video and I see what you mean, Ryan. How did you work on your shoulder mobility?
Based on the video, I bet you have the ability to rotate more, Stephen. Try to rotate steadily the entire time you descend, and steadily reverse that as you return to the top. Your rotation stops about halfway through the descent.
I agree. Looks like you probably already have the mobility. For me I had to work on bottom range thoracic rotation to clear the way for more shoulder mobility. But for you, it is probably a minor, quick fix.
Good advice, guys. Here's me trying to rotate more. I'm a little less stable, but it looks like I have more mobility than I thought. Just like you said.
Nice improvement Stephen! My suggestion now is to begin every rep like you started the first one on this video.
-As the sets went on, you didn't elevate the weight as much at the top, making it look like your elbow was slightly bent. Shrug your shoulder to your ear every time.
-The foot that was turned sideways was drifting inwards throughout the set. Keep it turned 90 degrees out.
Great progress Stephen. Just a couple of fine movement points:
1) I would like to see you actively extend your shoulder in the beginning of the movement and completely rotate it inward (the opposite direction), to the way you are rotating your shoulder at the bottom of the movement.
2) Make sure your arm is vertical at the bottom of the movement.
3) KEEP your eyes on the weight the ENTIRE time.
4) Focus on shooting your hips sideways instead of backward.
Keep it up
Thanks, guys! I'll work on it.