This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN SE1

Started by Christopher Denzer, July 22, 2016 · 11 Replies · 106 Views

Christopher Denzer

Please ignore the stupid shorts and weird whiteboy tan. My question is whether my chest is out enough and I am pushing forward instead of rounding/caving in. Thanks in advance. 

https://youtu.be/D9lJxwoYKQc

Everett Carroll

The video gave me an error message.

Christopher Denzer

Hmmmm. Thanks for trying. I'll reupload. 

Everett Carroll

Yo want your quads to be flat and a 90 degree bend at the knee. Also, fully depress your scaps.

Christopher Denzer

Got it, thanks!

Everett Carroll

Nice improvement, Christopher! Two suggestions:

1) Depress your scapulas more (shoulders away from your ears). Push down into the parallettes. 

2) Is it possible for you to elevate the parallettes so that you have a 90 degree bend at the knee (feet directly below the knee)? This will make it a bit more challenging. 

Christopher Denzer

Awesome cues, Everett. Not sure I can elevate parallettes easily. I'll think of something. Thanks!

Everett Carroll

Not a problem. Keep up the refinement, Christopher!

Christopher Denzer

Everett:

 

Can you tell me if my arms should be internally or externally rotated on these?

Alessandro Mainente

The external rotation makes the retraction easier for sure. try to hold the shoulders above the hands not behind.

Christopher Denzer

Ah! That's helpful. Thanks!