I just have a quick question about when to move to the next level. I am going trough the mastery progress starting face, and since I am pretty strong I quickly move up. But sometimes I struggle with the mobility exercise for the step, when the strenght part is easy. Of course I do the stretches as good as I can. And since I complete all the reps, the program sends me to the next step.
Is this how it is supposed to be done? Should I progress to the next level since I am strong enough, or should I not since I can get full range of motion on the iM drills (sometimes)?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Strong, but not mobile
Started by Vegard Trondsen, July 22, 2016 · 5 Replies · 229 Views
You should only move on once your iM and strength are at mastery level. Keep working on your ROM before progressing your strength. Like Cory and Wes mention in the introduction videos, you want to be strong through full ROM, so if the mobility is your weakest link, then you need to address that right now.
Hi Vegard,
The issue is due to the way you are filling out your workout log.
The program is advancing you to the next rep because you are marking your mobility as completed. You need to mark your mobility incomplete and the system will repeat those workouts for you.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
So I should do my best at the iM, and type it in as not completed until I am at full ROM at that iM exercise?
That's correct.
8 hours ago, Vegard Trondsen said:So I should do my best at the iM, and type it in as not completed until I am at full ROM at that iM exercise?
Of course.
If your mobility is lagging behind and you did not complete the iM properly, it should not be marked as completed.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer