This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Warm ups and stretches

Started by Sarah Dahlinger, July 22, 2016 · 1 Replies · 143 Views

Sarah Dahlinger

I've done the fundamentals and I am moving onto foundation next week. 

* I actually did fundamentals for a bit longer than a month since my Hollow was so terrible. It's way better now :)

I read the warm up section and it suggests warming up with an exercise that you've mastered. But I haven't mastered anything, so I'm not sure what to do?

Pre workout - what should my warm up be? Daily limber?

Post workout - what should my stretch routine be? Daily limber again? 

Thanks!

-Sarah 

 

Jon Douglas

Hi Sarah,

The limber and some Fundamentals movements should be a pretty comprehensive workout at this stage :)

Post workout, rather than limbering up, you can aim to increase range of motion and hold positions for longer to do so. The basic flexibility positions are pancake, front split, side split, shoulder extension (go with tables and supine versions for now), and thoracic bridge; work towards these :) the stretch series are ideal here as they are very comprehensive.