This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Knee Series How often?

Started by Max Wallach, July 21, 2016 · 14 Replies · 373 Views

Max Wallach

Hey Everyone,

I went to the seminar in Denver this past June and have been working on bringing the knee series into my workouts, but I wasn't sure how often I should do it as well as where to put it in my workout.

What is the general recommendation for where and how often I should do the knee series?

Thanks,
Max

Everett Carroll

A single set of each on foundations days as warmup, once you have gotten through all of them in the courses.

Sascha Ringel

Hello,

another question regarding the knee series, mayby especially to physiotherapists like Wesley or Mark: when coming back from knee injury / surgery (meniscus, ACL), when to start with the knee series? When beeing back in pain-free normal range of movement, working then in pain-free range for the mobilty exercises, gradually increasing volume and range?

Thanks a lot, Sascha

Everett Carroll

You always want the knee series to be pain free. 

Ryan Bailey

In addition to Everett 's good advice, slow, comfortable, gradual progression in depth is important. After injury, working a modified range initially with lighter intensity may be beneficial. Your body will eventually want more depth. I recommend looking into the many modifications on the forum with a search on each exercise for decreased ROM initially when coming back from injury to help with pain free results.

Sascha Ringel

Thank you guys for the responses! Sascha

Jo Erik Hesthagen

Hi!

I have F1, H1 and T1. Is there a knee-serie also? Can't find it.

Regards,

Jo Erik

Luke Searra

Always be pain free. The SLS series is good for EVERYTHING.

Everett Carroll

The knee series is all of the SLS iMs from Foundation 1 and 2.

Luke Searra

The knee series is invaluable. Love it

Max Wallach

Hey @Everett Carroll,

For the single set of each, how many reps would you recommend?  Also you said only after covering them in the course to add them, for those of us who have attended a seminar where the IMs were covered can we add them before officially covering them in the course?

Thanks,

Max

Everett Carroll

A single set of the reps listed in the course would be great as a head start, since you've gone through the series at a seminar. Dial it back as needed, especially for the first few weeks of exposure to the new iMs. 

Luke Searra

I concur with Everett, I remember my first few weeks of exposure to the iMs were a huge shock to the system.

Max Wallach

Thanks for the info.  One last question, if I'm doing foundations with the 4 day split, should I do the series on all four days? or just on the days I do the SLS work?

Everett Carroll

I recommend only doing it on days you train SLS.