This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE1

Started by Igor De Britto, July 21, 2016 · 7 Replies · 101 Views

Igor De Britto

Hey there, folks!

Quick check on form. I'm having a little trouble with this one, so I made a few adaptations and would like your input on it. When not using a weight on my feet, movement gets lousy. It might be lack of techinique, but might also be because I have a lof of weight on the torso and not as much on the leg. So, the questions:

  1. Is it acceptable to do it with the weight in the feet? Or will it backfire later on?
  2. Is the form good?

If you spot anything else, I'll be happy to get the feedback! Thanks!

Jon Douglas

Form is much neater with the weight on the feet, looks good. This should be no problem going forward, the focus in the exercise is the rotation :)

 

Tyson Rogers

I'm having similar stability issues with keeping the feet and legs steady. If anyone has any tips, please share!!

Jon Douglas

I generally flex my feet and push down through my heels. It seems to work, but I see people with longer legs have a much steadier time of it :( #stumpy

Igor De Britto
13 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

Form is much neater with the weight on the feet, looks good. This should be no problem going forward, the focus in the exercise is the rotation :)

 

Thanks, Jon =)

 

42 minutes ago, Tyson Rogers said:

I'm having similar stability issues with keeping the feet and legs steady. If anyone has any tips, please share!!

Or, if Jon`s trick don`t cut it for you, try placing a heavy book, a 2L water bottle or whatever you use as a weight for Mn PE1 iM on your feet. I`m usually against using what's not specified on the element, but it seems this one should be good.

Mark Collins
13 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

I generally flex my feet and push down through my heels. It seems to work, but I see people with longer legs have a much steadier time of it :( #stumpy

This is a better strategy pushing the heels down.

The problem is you are already too oveactive in the hip flexors and by putting a weight on your toes you are reinforcing a bad movement strategy. You look better with the weight, but in the long term it is not good.

Try leaning back less and lower the arms slightly.

Tyson Rogers

Thanks! Will try these suggestions.

Igor De Britto
On 22/07/2016 at 10:12 PM, Mark Collins said:

This is a better strategy pushing the heels down.

The problem is you are already too oveactive in the hip flexors and by putting a weight on your toes you are reinforcing a bad movement strategy. You look better with the weight, but in the long term it is not good.

Try leaning back less and lower the arms slightly.

Actually, reducing torso angle made things pretty much more stable. Didn't have camera on, but I'd say it's 30 something degrees, instead of 45. Pushing down did throw me off balance, but pulling towards the butt stabilized a lot, albeit cramping me feet! Doing these 2x10 every day to imprint form without the weights and, yesterday, managed the 5x30! Will soon record another attempt to see if form is still aceptable!