This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE1 + iM

Started by Igor De Britto, July 21, 2016 · 2 Replies · 44 Views

Igor De Britto

Hey there, folks!

Quick check on form. I'm in doubt about mainly two things:

  1. Is the neck supposed to be tucked or neutral? Did neutral for the first time in the video. It's a strain!
  2. How do I know if the protuberance is plenty of bacon (to be reduced over time) or not sufficient contraction on the transversus?

If you spot anything else, I'll be happy to get the feedback! Thanks!

Everett Carroll

A few things to start with Igor:

-You want your chin tucked to your chest. I recommend looking at your bellybutton.

-As far as the bacon goes, it looks like you're doing pretty good with contracting. What I think will help you is not fidgeting at all during the set. Find your form (tuck chin, get shoulder blades just off the floor, and drive the bellybutton towards the floor) and stick to it for the entire set. 

For the iM, you could move your spine a bit more. Look at the floor during protraction and the ceiling during retraction. 

Igor De Britto
4 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

A few things to start with Igor:

-You want your chin tucked to your chest. I recommend looking at your bellybutton.

-As far as the bacon goes, it looks like you're doing pretty good with contracting. What I think will help you is not fidgeting at all during the set. Find your form (tuck chin, get shoulder blades just off the floor, and drive the bellybutton towards the floor) and stick to it for the entire set. 

For the iM, you could move your spine a bit more. Look at the floor during protraction and the ceiling during retraction. 

Thanks, Everett!

Indeed, plenty of fidgetting on this PE. A lot of it to check tension. But, if it seems good, I'll try again without checking by hand and repost after the next session!

The iM  is pretty hard for me, as it seems I can't get to mobilize the Thoraccic spine (stretch series to the rescue, starting this week). I'll give it a go on mobilizing the head (and neck!) more and see how it goes!

Once again, thanks man =)