This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1+iM

Started by Brandon Martin, July 21, 2016 · 9 Replies · 148 Views

Brandon Martin

I have been doing GB for awhile but have been neglecting to do form checks.  I recently ran into some roadblocks on later exercises so I am going back to the beginning and trying to do things right.  Attached is my FL/PE1+iM.  Would appreciate critique.

 

Everett Carroll

Solid plan, Brandon. You won't be disappointed. Just ask @Leo Trinidad

For this form check, you have a lot of fidgeting going on. Once you find form, maintain it. 

-Tuck your chin and keep it tucked to your chest.

-Drive your bellybutton harder towards the floor and contract harder.

-It's hard to tell, since the bottom of the video is cut out, but it looks like you don't have your whole shoulder blades off the floor so lift a bit higher.

Again, great job taking a step back after hitting road blocks. That's a mature move.

 

Brandon Martin

Everett -

Thank you for the critique.  It is very helpful.  I will check back once I think I have it dialed.  Keep it real in Flagstaff - I grew up 2.5 hours to the south in Pinetop-Lakeside.

 

Brandon Martin

Updated form check.  This is set 5 today.  Definitely getting more contraction and trying to eliminate the fidgeting.  Trying to drive the belly button down, but the red wine and butter doesn't make it easy.  Would appreciate any further thoughts. 

 

Everett Carroll

Looks great! Worlds different. Build capacity with that form for the PE and your ROM in the iM will increase as you do so. Great fixes 

Brandon Martin

Thanks for the comments.  Enabled me to solve the problem. Will do on volume. Going for 5 x 90 sec. Deload is next week. Should hit 5 x 90 by the next deload. 

Brandon Martin

Update below.  Set 5 of 5.  Can I move on, or keep at it for another micro cycle?

 

Everett Carroll

If you're at 5x60, move on! Nice work Brandon.

Brandon Martin

Awesome!  Thank you for the coaching Everett.  Stoked to have official sign-off on an exercise.  Feels damn good. I have one more foundation workout this week and deload next week.  Will start with the rocks the week after!   I assume I should keep a set or two of the holds in my warm up for a while.

Everett Carroll

No problem! You earned it. 

Keep in 1 set of 60 seconds for warmup.