I've just tested mastery on this progression and the PE was easy enough just not sure if I need to stick with the IM to get lower?
Should I move on and test PE5 or stick with this
As always thanks for any input
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Tom Wood, July 20, 2016 · 7 Replies · 123 Views
I've just tested mastery on this progression and the PE was easy enough just not sure if I need to stick with the IM to get lower?
Should I move on and test PE5 or stick with this
As always thanks for any input
Hi Tom,
The PE is fine, but there's no im video ![]()
Apologies here's the IM
Yes, you will need a little more ROM there. We want wrists below the surface you are standing on ![]()
It looks like you have your weight mostly on your heels there. You may find it a little easier if you avoid leaning back quite so much; this makes quite difference for me for me. As long as you are using an appropriate weight this shouldn't pull you offbalance ![]()
Is this any better? Or should I stick with it?
Hi Tom,
Stick with it a little bit longer until your wrists can hang below the chair surface comfortably. It was a hard to tell if there was a little bit of knee bend happening, but make sure that the knees are completely locked. Keep it up!
When you are approaching new mobility elements you need to consider you starting level: beginner.
As a beginner hold the bar near the body until you reach the instep (and you need to surpass the feet) it is essential in order to avoid excessive stress on the lumbar spine and spine disc. So hold the bar to the body always during the descent part, when moving back reach the shinbone as soon as possible.
Thanks for the comments, I'll stick with it.