This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Manna PE1 IM 1 - Please Help

Started by Mike Ross, July 20, 2016 · 14 Replies · 278 Views

Mike Ross

I am desperate....I have doing the manna PE/IM 1 for the past 8 months....6 months ago I mastered the PE1 but I am not even close to completing the IM1. I can barely move and rotate with any ease and I am no where near completing it. I need some exercises/stretches that will help me obtain this because just doing it over and over I am not making any progress (as you can see 8 months and I am not anywhere closer than when I started)

 

Help...I have a really tight PSOAS and piriformis not to sure if that is what is causing the tightness.

Everett Carroll

Hey Mike. Have you posted a form check? This could be a good start to solving this issue. Also, do you have any stretch courses? Middle Split had helped me a bunch with this.

Mike Ross

I haven't posted a form check but to be honest there isn't much form to check...I can barely twist around and my hand barely gets to my knee level

Everett Carroll

I'm no totally understanding your description. Can you post a video? There's always form to check. 

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Mike don't get disheartened. Post a video and they can help out more.

Mike Ross

Attached is a video I am posting to show that I need an exercise to do that will help me do the windmills Asia have been doing them for 8 months and I still suck...I know form is bad but the video is meant to show that it's too advanced of a stretch for me at the moment...

 

the range of motion in the video is the maximum I can do.....ironically I have no problem sitting in a deep squat for an extended period of time  help!!!

 

Mike Ross

My video won't upload from my iPad how do I convert it...sorry I'm not a techy 

Barry Johnston

Not sure about how to upload it directly from an iPad but i used my iPhone for mine.  Create a YouTube account and you can upload the video and post the link in the forum.  Don't worry, the video won't be public, only people who have the link can view it.

I was hesitant to post my first video too but but i'm glad i did, everyone here just wants to help.  You'll be glad you did too.

Mike Ross

please note my form sucks bad because my range of motion sucks....this is after many months......help

Leo Trinidad

hi @Mike Ross please do not be disheartened. your form is better than most of the people i know here in the Philippines. 

here are my suggestions:

1) try to do it first on a wide straddle stance

2) make sure your shoulder is by your ear

3) you definitely need to lock your elbow

4) as you rotate your shoulder, make sure you're extending your arm upwards

5) before you do those, make sure you do your warm up first.

 

a good warm up would be: 

doing single arm circles without weight (a.k.a. xiaopengs - integrated mobility of HBP PE2 and PE3)

make sure you lock your elbow all the time and as you do the circle, extend in all directions making it seem that you are really reaching out.

 

Greg White

I'm not the best qualified to give advice but here's my 2 cents. If any of this is dodgy advice hopefully someone better qualified will correct me. 

Do you always do them without a weight? If so then adding a weight may help you get a better feel for your overhead arm position. You also looked at the camera throughout, which i imagine is not how you hold your head usually? If possible look up at your overhead hand. If you do regularly film your form and are looking at the video during the movement then that will affect your form as your body will follow your head position. When filming I'd concentrate on the movement and review after the movement is finished.

PAUL DALY

I guess I'm confused -- does he have the correct hand in the air for this particular exercise? I thought for Manna im1 the elevated hand is on the opposite side from the direction you are leaning? 

Mike Ross

Thanks for the replies.

.I dont usually have mu head up when not filming....ican guarantee that my range of motion and form ia equally as crappy when looking down

Thanks for the positive words I will try with the straddle stance

 

Greg White
1 minute ago, Mike Ross said:

Thanks for the replies.

.I dont usually have mu head up when not filming....ican guarantee that my range of motion and form ia equally as crappy when looking down

Thanks for the positive words I will try with the straddle stance

 

Not sure where you are looking usually but DO try to look up at the overhead hand. Have a look at the where the athletes are looking in the form videos. Good luck!

 

 

Leo Trinidad
3 hours ago, Mike Ross said:

Thanks for the replies.

.I dont usually have mu head up when not filming....ican guarantee that my range of motion and form ia equally as crappy when looking down

Thanks for the positive words I will try with the straddle stance

 

make sure to look(spot) on your hand as you go down(do not look at the camera). please post another video as you make the adjustments. :)