This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

"Rest" between exercises

Started by Sergio Mgencasa, July 20, 2016 · 9 Replies · 302 Views

Sergio Mgencasa

Hello!

I've been on step 9 (5x15) of HBP/PE2 for about 2 months. I've started to count the rest between sets including iM exercises. I was fighting with the last serie (not going quickly from one set to another) but now that I can quickly to one serie to next I can't finish the last serie. I'm doing a serie of pushups every 75 secs. So my answer is:

Should I rest a bit more, for example doing it every 2-3 min and be able to do 5x15, or going "quickly" to the next serie (like now) and keep on 4x15 until I'm ready for more?

Thank you!!

Everett Carroll

Keep building your work capacity, Sergio. Your rest should be only the iM. If you feel plateaued, consider adding some more sets of HBP in at the end of the workout. 

I've had success working through foundations movements as structured and scheduled in the course (quality form, steady tempo, no shaking, no added rest, no missed reps, etc.) FIRST. Then after all of that is complete, I'll do extra "play" with my weakest links, still incorporating strength and mobility sets but working more on things like maintaining great form or maintaining tempo with higher reps.

It's possible to overdo this play (especially after a hard workout) so if you take this approach, make sure you aren't doing so much that you hinder recovery.

This is all assuming that PE1 for HBP was mastered correctly. Have you posted a form check for that movement?

Sergio Mgencasa

Thank you Everett! So, first work capacity. I'll do 4x15 with perfect form and tempo and if I feel good at the end of the workout I'll add one more serie or even mini-steps in the workout: 5x13, 5x14.... is that correct?

Yes, PE1 for HBP was mastered correctly, I didn't posted any video because I was quite sure there's no problem with form.

Thank you again!!

Everett Carroll

Sure thing! Sounds good to me. Consider posting a form check of a mastery set for PE1 just to be sure. It can't hurt.

Sergio Mgencasa

Ok, I'll try next day I'll go to the "gym" Thank you!

Sergio Mgencasa

Here is the HBP/PE1 video form:

 

And the HBP/PE2 too:

Thank you!

Everett Carroll

Those both look great, Sergio!

Sergio Mgencasa

Thank you Everett!

I'm doing it as you told, go from one exercise quickly to his iM and it's quite different HARD! Much more. I had to low the reps from 15 to 12 :-)

Everett Carroll

Yes. It's much harder but well worth the work! Nice job

Sergio Mgencasa

Thank you!