This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

/2 Straddle L Double Extension: MN/SE8

Started by Steven Elliott, July 20, 2016 · 7 Replies · 247 Views

Steven Elliott

Hi all,

I've been working on this movement (half straddle L double extension), and I'm having trouble extending the feet above elbows as per the comment in the program.  I'm okay at the previous movement (half straddle L single extension); however, I seem to be stuck here.  Is it a matter of working on hip mobility (I'm currently doing all the stretching videos once weekly); or should I step back to the previous movement; or perhaps I just need to stick with this particular movement? 

Please see below link for video.  Any comments/suggestions/recommendations are greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

 

 

Tanya Hill

Hi Steven, 

Great effort, you are getting close.

Shoulder protraction holds a big part in this exercise. It looks as though your protraction gets a bit soft as you straighten your legs, make sure you continue to protract your shoulders through the whole movement. 

How is your SE7 with the single leg extension, can you keep your feet high as you extend one leg?

 

 

Everett Carroll

I agree with Tanya in that the single leg extensions really help get the foot higher and are worth the time. MS stretch course is also incredibly helpful with these.

John Koliopoulos

Just need to improve flexibility and improve strength in quads and flexors a bit more, like everyone else. It just takes time...

Steven Elliott

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and feedback.

Tayna - I can get the legs higher during single leg extensions, and will definitely focus on the shoulder protraction.

Everett and John - I may take a step back and keep working on the single leg lift, and of course, continue with the stretch videos.

Thanks again,

Steve 

Everett Carroll

Sounds like a great idea Steven. Your welcome.

Tanya Hill

Looking forward to your next video Steven! 

Alessandro Mainente

Some general observations:

-scapulae should be held down firmly down in hold to achieve some more body elevation from the floor (it is like make the L-sit with depression instead of elevation)

-try to avoid arms touching the legs

-pbars seems to be a bit too narrow.

-consider the idea of spending some time on middle split and pancake at different angles (90-120-170).