This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL PE1

Started by Fabio Genesoni, July 19, 2016 · 5 Replies · 78 Views

Fabio Genesoni

Hi,

can someone help me with my form please?

This is about 8 weeks work. Initially I struggled with keeping the arms straight and maintaining core tension during the concentric phase. It was much worse than what you can see now in the video :)

Thanks

 

Everett Carroll

Your hips are dipping as you retract and bobbing up as you return to protraction. Keeping more tension in your quads, glutes, and core should help this. Think of bringing your bellybutton up. Also make sure to keep your elbows locked and keep working your ROM in retraction. Keep it up Fabio!

Fabio Genesoni

Yes, it's a strange feeling because it happens when I start retracting. I lose tension, my hip dips and my arms want to bend. This happens especially at max retraction.

I'll work as you suggested and I'll post a new video in a week or so.

Thank you very much for the feedback Everett!

Fabio Genesoni

Everett, I worked on keeping tension in quads, glutes and core.

I found two problems, when I start retracting the shoulder blades I lose tension in the arms and upper body coordination becomes difficult.

Also, when I try to increase the retraction ROM I feel a sort of shoulder impingement. I feel like something prevent the full ROM and create a painful sensation. It's a mix of impingement and stretching sensations.

Any comment is appreciated :)

 

 

Everett Carroll

As you are retracting, you are also elevating significantly. At the same moment that you elevate, your elbows unlock.

 Slow the tempo way down and practice retracting as much as you can while maintaining depression. These corrections might make the impingement feeling go away and will help your form tremendously.

Fabio Genesoni

OK, I wasn't aware that I'm elevating the shoulders. I'll work on this and on slowing tempo. Thank you Everett!