Mirrors are a big help. Thank you.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
T1/3.5 Forward Straddle Roll Form Check
Started by Mark Schoenhard, July 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 119 Views
No feedback from anyone more knowledgable than me (which is pretty much everyone). So I'll say "a little longer, a little more open, forward". Specifically, put your hands a bit further away from your feet (as in the second and third rep in the course video). Keep your hips open more, support your legs, don't compress so much. Visualize rolling around a ball. Being a bit more open during the roll means that you can maintain a bit more rotational momentum, making the last bit a bit easier - although its clearly not terribly difficult for you here :-) but it will make the last bit of the next progression easier.
No bent legs are allowed and makes the exercise easier, film it again with locked knees.
I recommend rotating your camera 90 degrees so that there is a wider field of view.
Other than that, it's looking good but I agree with Alessandro about the knees.