This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Add # to Mobility Exercises

Started by Justin Kaplan, July 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 150 Views

Justin Kaplan

If able to easily do a mobility exercise with say 5# should the weight be increased?

Luke Searra

Thank you for reaching out. Can you post a video of the mobility Justin? 

Jon Douglas

As a rule of thumb usually, but only provided you have maxed out the previous weight and you can also perform near perfect reps with the heavier too. ROM and form are much more important than weight for mobility exercises.

Post a video and we'll check your form :)

Justin Kaplan

Thanks for your responses!  After starting a new "Step" today I realize I am not ready to move up on mobility weight as it would fatigue me to complete strength sets. Also I understand the importance focusing on form with these.  Thanks!