This is the one I struggle with the most as I don't quite understand the point of it. Any help would be much appreciated!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Serge Diakov, July 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 55 Views
This is the one I struggle with the most as I don't quite understand the point of it. Any help would be much appreciated!
This exercise builds strength, control, and range of motion in your scapulas, Serge, which you will need lots of for planche work down the GST road.
Work on taking the pike out of your hips by squeezing your core and glutes. Also, as you retract and protract, don't allow your shoulders to shrug towards your ears; keep them away from your ears the entire time.
Thank you, Everett! I will keep working on it!
Keep working on it Serge. I started with the piking of the hips too. As Everett said squeeze your core and tuck your tail bone in squeezing your glutes.
Aside from building up your way to the planche, this drill also has huge carry over for your handstand, press to handstand and hollowback press. ![]()