This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Planning the week

Started by Vegard Trondsen, July 18, 2016 · 3 Replies · 124 Views

Vegard Trondsen

I was wondering how you layed out your week? Right now I have the foundation and stretching course. My plan is to get handstand as well next month. Is handstand its own workout or can I do it after foundation? Also right now I workout foundation on monday to friday (60 minutes version). 

 

Is this the way to go, with foundation 5 days a week and the stretching, pluss add handstand soon. 

 

Or would it be more benefitial to have fewer days with foundation and incorporate in pull and push days from my old calisthenics routine? 

 

Jon Douglas

The 5day/week schedule is a good one provided your recovery is sufficient to allow you to progress fairly quickly. Have you tried lower volume setups? I found on higher volume I was progressing, but not as quickly as doing a bit less. General rule of thumb is to start with the 3/day schedule, and add more days to find that balance. Above 5days/week, there are options for F7 workouts (all in one workout, 1-3 times a week) which are great for rapidly improving work capacity :)

In the beginning Handstand can be done straight before or after Foundation. As you progress, and add press handstand work from H2, it may require it's own training session until it is mastered to the point it can be put back to warmup :)

Everett Carroll

When I started, I did what Jon recommends by starting with the 3 day schedule. I increased from there and found and found  I recover best on the 4 day/week schedule. Just find the one you progress best on.

Luke Searra

I also did something similar to Jon and Everett, Vegard. It's always better to build slowly.