This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE5 form check 30 sec

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, July 17, 2016 · 9 Replies · 177 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi guys!

the final progression for l-sit! 

Just Yesterday I tried to test mastery of MN/SE5.

I post both first and last set:

first set:

And here's the Last set:

I did my best to push hips forawrd and keep chest open, this is my current best!

Do you find my form enough solid?

Thanks to all!

Alessandro

Alessandro Mainente

The reason of why you cannot push the hips forward with the full version it is not a lack of core strength but rather a lack of posterior delt and long head tricep. from pov it is not enough straight , can you post a video of the bent version with the straight back?

open bent L-sit.png

I took this photo this morning from one of my clients, if you look closer to some detail (beside a bit of leaning backward) you can see:

-chest up

-no rounded upper/middle back

-arched upper back

-the bodypart that reaches more in the back it is the posterior part of the shoulder and not the rounded back

-the outer part of the elbow is pointing backward. this means that the inner part is externally rotated. the external rotation of the upper arm makes the retraction easier. 

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

@Alessandro Mainente do you mean I have to move hips further forward? Or should I retract more my scapula? 

I post this video of my MN/SE1. In a previous post you told me that best form should be with hands and shoulders aligned. I spent over a year on this progression... What would  you suggest me to do to fix eventually my form?

 

Alessandro Mainente

As stated before your problem it is not the core, it is the ability to actively retract. 

At first also my client was not able to hold the retraction properly. You can evaluate to:

-build some strength with a normal support position with open chest (this mean no legs in L-sit or bent  l-sit)

-then the support with legs bent and hips raised of about 45°

-the bent L-sit.

I understand that you stayed on this element for a long time but it is like to say "it's one year that i'm doing banana handstand", well take a step back and fix the major problem in a condition where you can fix it. if you cannot open the chest in full lay version it is probably because there is not enough strength . but it is not a quality that you can train on full lay version and probably also on bent. stepping back a bit while holding your HLL on high reps does not require another year.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

@Alessandro Mainente thank you very much Alessandro! no problem to jump back! I will follow your tips, I aim to conquer a good form! My concern is only about to undertstand clearly the form I should show from a side view. 

Looking all my previous and current posts, If I got well I should look for:

- arms in vertical line, so hands in line with shoulders (whereas my arms are a bit inclined)

- elbows looking forward (whereas mine are rotated inwards) 

- back straight so that my hips are enough forward. 

So once I hit the points mentioned, I could move on the progressions you suggested. Are them correct? Is there something else I have to focus on? Thanks again for your time, Ale! 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

@Alessandro Mainente sorry, I didn't see your pic post, that was very clarifying! Thanks again! As I am ready I will post a fixed form! 

 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, I tried to follow your tips spending on support hold with open chest. This week-end I also tried to go into bent  l-sit position aiming to replicate form in the pic you posted in this thread. Personally I find it easier to perform on a tower station, rather than on low pbars... Here's a video: how do you find it? Is it better? Mainly I wonder if it is correct that my lower back looks arched: I always thought it was a mistake. Thank you Ale!

Alessandro Mainente

Can you feel the difference? this what you are searching for bent L-sit, nice work.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Can you feel the difference? this what you are searching for bent L-sit, nice work.

@Alessandro Mainente ahah absolutely I feel the difference! Much more difficult this way! Grazie Ale! :)

Alessandro Mainente

So for future work we want at least an open chest on bent L-sit, for the next elements try to avoid excessive curled spine of course but you do not need a very opened chest like the bent version. remember that the more you open the chest the more you can have benefits for advanced manna work.