This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

An Essay I Wrote (didn't know where to put the thread)

Started by Seiji, December 5, 2009 · 20 Replies · 1,273 Views

Seiji

This was for a project I had to do for my weightlifting class.

Obviously the print is mine and the writing was my coach's.

weightliftingpg1.jpg

weightliftingpg2.jpg

weightliftingpg3.jpg

braindx

DHEA is an steroid/anabolic. Don't take it if you value your health.

Don't go to failure.. not worth it.

Uhh, there's a bunch of other errors, but I don't feel like correcting them. Your teacher has no idea what she's talking about either.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

in all fairness none of that would make much sense if you didn't know anything about manna or planche.

Seiji

lol yea I know, but it seems like my coach knows about lifting so much that he can understand (even if it's just a little) what I'm doing.

And also, I did more research on DHEA after this paper was written and decided not to use it. I'll either stick with the protein or get a respectable multivitamin instead. Probably take the cheap way out :D (as in not buying the vitamin lol)

Few things:

1- It's a guy.

2- He has no gymnastic experience, it's a weightlifting class.

3- If there are errors on my part, please tell me. I need to know if I'm doing something wrong so I can fix it. :P If you'd be kind enough to take the time.

Blairbob

You are like 16. Unless you have same off biochemistry, you should be oozing Testosterone. Maybe I shouldn't have said oozing.

Take some protein powder. If you really think that you need the edge or are not getting enough sun, take A LOT of VitD. Colustrum possibly. Get enough protein and water and you should be good to go. Make sure your mineral levels are more than adequate.

Seiji

Yea, I'll just stick with the protein.

lol oozing testosterone? That'd be weird but incredibly convenient.

Razz

Don't worry no matter how stupid your coach is he not worse than mine :lol:

mine:

high reps tones

squat: feet HAS to point forward

bodyweights ONLY give endurance

going to failure and beyond is the best way to gain strength/mass whatever

forced reps even from rep #1 is completely ok!

he basically doesn't know anything and what he knows is outdated 90's stuff.

it's scary how people like that are allowed to teach newbies all their faults. sorry just a little outbreak from me.

John Sapinoso

"going to failure and beyond"

how can you possibly go beyond failure? and more importantly, why the hell would you want to? and lastly howw?!!? can someone possibly even conceive that high reps tones while at the same time doing reps to beyond failure builds mass?

that sure is some stupid multicontradictory advice.

I can actually hear my brain cells screaming as they die in pain one by one

Seiji

True that. The aerobics teacher at my school is morbidly obese. Aerobics isn't even aerobics, it's just classical PE like basketball and soccer.

My coach isn't stupid though. He's probably the most informed person I have ever physically met. I have no contest to anything he wrote on my paper. I wish I could find a picture of him in the early days. He was buff.

Felipe

Your inverted planche as first goal is...well, you know that for now only 2 gymnasts ever performed a victorian on international competition (counting the nationals 3-4 in the entire world) which is less difficult than that inverted;

if you really want to use all the effort of your life in this, you should put your attention on other elements prior to even thinking of training it.

You should pass most of your time on Manna progression and rings progression (victorian as a goal, passing from support, front and back lever, planche, iron cross, maltese).

Dreaming is a joyful activity but our time on earth is limited: we must recognise that for living and performing better (for ex. my ultimate goal is as simpler iron cross, but I will not train for that before completing my front lever and planche progresses)

And don't supplement your diet if it is a complete one. Natural supplement (eggs and tuna fish, red meat and so one) is way better than syntetic proteins. Don't use hormones and get vitamines from fruits and vegetables. We are what we eat.

Seiji

I understand that it's a completely ridiculous dream, but I have the drive to try.

I'd love to do all the things you just said, but I'm focusing on these first. I got a feeling that manna will help me in the long run.

Razz

Beyond failure= forced reps and eccentrics.

I die aLOT inside everytime i hear my school SnC coach talk :lol:

Seiji

lol

I do body weight exercises by myself, so I have no means to do forced reps. I go to failure, rest a little, and try again.

Razz

Oh just a note i wasn't advocating all what i said, was making fun of my school teacher/coach who was the one advocating those techniques. For strength I think it's the completely wrong way and failure should be avoided. Muscle mass then its ok sometimes.

Seiji

As you've probably seen, I have really small arms. I need the mass right now lol

Once I get to a reasonable size, I'll stop a little before failure. My coach taught me about that :D

Your coach sounds like an idiot. They should fire him. He's just gonna end up wasting the people's time.

Razz

Well they can't fire him since everyone else knows even less than him.. I mean whatever most people in there are highschool students with no intention to ever workout outside school and if you want a professional highschool is not where you go, still he should be better knowing I agree but then again if he was he probably wouldn't be teaching high school kids.

Seiji

That's a terrible situation lol

Razz

Yeah :lol: anyways sorry for the OT

Seiji

THREAD STEALER! D:< @@@@@@ GET HIM @@@@@@

Razz

:roll:

Bob Sanders

Ha ha! my Advance English teacher does that to me too. To everyone. You would think you have written the best paper in class but then he goes marking your paper making "the" comments. Then its like, man all that hard work. Was not even worth it.