This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RC-PE1

Started by Jan Dochnal, July 16, 2016 · 7 Replies · 101 Views

Jan Dochnal

Hi guys,

i realy struggled with this one but improved alot i suppose. What do you think?

 

Everett Carroll

Cool equipment setup Jan! Your PE is looking really good. The only things I noticed are you could use more PPT (more core engagement) and that you could depress your scapula a bit more (shoulders down, away from your ears). Remembering to keep the hollow body shape will help a bunch with the PPT and it might have been the angle, but it looked like your right shoulder was coming up higher that your left at the top of the row. For the iM, you could drop 1-2 rungs lower.

Looking great! These are really tough, even for professional rock climbers, so keep on pulling.

Jan Dochnal

Thanks for the advice. I will give that a try.

I'm realy happy with my setup now. Only thing i feel the need of is a backstrap.

And yes ... they are pretty tough and my bodyweight doesn't make them easier :). I wonder how fun they were, if i drop 10kg.

 

Luke Searra

Great advice by Everrett Jan, to further make sure you shoulders are even I would recommend you put a mirror in front of you to adjust your shoulder height at the top of the row to make sure your shoulders are completely even. If you dont catch the asymmetry from the beginning you might develop unevenly.

Jan Dochnal

Good to have some experienced eyes looking at it. I will film myself without angle next time. If that's not the cause maybe depressing scapula will fix it. 

Alessandro Mainente

As a final refinement try to hold your head neutral, look forward not to you feet. for the rest it is ok.

Jan Dochnal

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind and upload another viedeo in a few weeks or so.

Luke Searra

We will absolutely be looking toward to it Jan