This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Completed it

Started by Rahul Kher, July 15, 2016 · 8 Replies · 182 Views

Rahul Kher

FINALLY !  Yeeeehaaaa !!!

In short , my journey was not easy at all. But  I am 100% thrive now & it has become second nature for me.

I started with an obsessive & honest attitude towards this course. I didn't tick mark a step if I  missed doing it.

Some the steps were very hard for me , like -  finding high quality animal protein & eggs. That's because  beef is banned , chicken/eggs are commercial battery/caged ones. Also dairy makes me sick ( lactose intolerance  probably ).

After a lot of effort searching , I found good quality eggs from villages , so I ditched the supermarket eggs.
Also , we have goat meat available here. So , that become my main protein source along with fish.
I also started eating lots of fish , but after finding that its coming from farms , I stopped eating fish.
Is it a good idea to eat farm fish rather than no fish ? I could do with a bit of variety from just eating meat.


One day , I tried some cheese , but I got sick & severe pain in the stomach & diarrhea, etc. Lost a lot of progress in training next week. I am never trying dairy again. Although curds & milk fat gives me no digestive problems.

I have white rice mostly rather than potatoes. Potatoes get boring quickly.

I have to say that my sleep patterns are the worst , very inconsistent. I get sleepy at 11pm  on some days and 2am on other! The problem is that sometimes my mind is racing & its just impossible for me to sleep like that. Thrive has made it worse , because I have even more alertness & mental energy than before.HEHE. The carbs don't make me that sleepy. Anybody have any good ideas relaxing the mind & getting sleepy at 8pm , so I naturally fall asleep at 10pm ?

Overall , I am enjoying this lifestyle. Thrive has completely transformed my health and performance. I am thriving.
A big thank you to Coach Jeff & Coach Sommer. Thrive has not just helped in GST but in all of my life.

Julia Quigley

Congrats on this big milestone in your journey! I admire your perseverance. 

Yes, go ahead and eat farmed fish if that's what you have available (same for chicken). Most of the "bad stuff" is stored in the fat, so choose leaner cuts/varieties as much as possible, but don't sweat it if you're doing the best you can.

Sustainability (aka, variety) is the more important than only eating "the best." 

I recommend Google for learning about improving sleep patterns. Things that help include waking up at the same time every day and following a relaxing bed time routine that doesn't involve artificial light/TV/computer. 

Many nights, I "feel" wired until I lay down in my dark bedroom and try to read a book for a bit. The I'm struggling to stay awake!

Report back on what works for you :)

Piotr Ochocki

Did you try yogurt, kefir instead of milk? These are pretty much lactose free, so if lactose is the problem this could be some option.

Following on what Julia said, f.lux software (free) is great if you would be using computer before sleep. It changes color temperature on the monitor according to time/sun position/light outside.

Rahul Kher

Plain yogurt or Greek yogurt is not available here. What I eat daily is DAHI. But I don't know how much difference there is between dahi and yogurt. As a guess , I think not much difference.

 

The awesome thing about Thrive is that I wake up naturally at 6am everyday , no alarms needed. I don't use electronics at night , it's just that my mind is racing sometimes.

Ryan Bailey
13 hours ago, Rahul Kher said:

Some the steps were very hard for me , like -  finding high quality animal protein & eggs. That's because  beef is banned , chicken/eggs are commercial battery/caged ones. Also dairy makes me sick ( lactose intolerance  probably ).

After a lot of effort searching , I found good quality eggs from villages , so I ditched the supermarket eggs.

Rahul, I am impressed about your realization, search, and discovery for real eggs; as this is not a small issue.

Nice find with the village eggs! I appreciate your search for good husbandry and quality food very much.

By the way, If you are ever in my area, feel free to take a few dozen of my farm fresh, "Omega-3 fortified" eggs... free of charge.

Rahul Kher

Thanks a lot Ryan. I would have loved to  , but I would have to travel halfway around the world ! A big thanks anyway for the offering.

But damn , the guys here like you , Jeff are so cool ..... always ready to help a committed fellow. Jeff just bought the course for me when I asked for his advice.

 

Jeff Serven

Rahul,

You are a rare bird. Thanks for giving it an honest shot and having an open mind. I really appreciate when people attack things like this, it never gets old for me. Thanks for following through!

 

Rahul Kher
On 7/15/2016 at 10:37 PM, Julia Quigley said:

Congrats on this big milestone in your journey! I admire your perseverance. 

Yes, go ahead and eat farmed fish if that's what you have available (same for chicken). Most of the "bad stuff" is stored in the fat, so choose leaner cuts/varieties as much as possible, but don't sweat it if you're doing the best you can.

Sustainability (aka, variety) is the more important than only eating "the best." 

I recommend Google for learning about improving sleep patterns. Things that help include waking up at the same time every day and following a relaxing bed time routine that doesn't involve artificial light/TV/computer. 

Many nights, I "feel" wired until I lay down in my dark bedroom and try to read a book for a bit. The I'm struggling to stay awake!

Report back on what works for you :)

I have had consistent sleep patterns for months now. 2 things helped in this -

First , consistently doing my training and eating right and establishing a long term routine.

Second , more importantly , dealing effectively with stress , relaxing and enjoying and calmness  and detachment , having fun with friends. Basically a lifestyle that has time for the good things.

Jeff Serven

Once again; nice job!