This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE2

Started by Tobias Magnussen, July 15, 2016 · 14 Replies · 118 Views

Tobias Magnussen

Finally mastered sPL/PE1 and is now ready to play around with sPL/PE2. The video below is from  one of my my first attemps on sPL/PE2 - This element is nowhere near being perfect. however, I would really like you guys to have a check on my form, to make sure i don't carry on with some crucial mistakes.

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely nice protraction guy,well you can increase  a bit your PPT. maybe your rectus femoris in a bit tight. 

btw nice work.

Tobias Magnussen

Thank you, Alessandro!

"increase PPT".... hmm seems to be the headline of my GST journey :P

Any stretches for rectus femoris you could recommend? Not first time I hear it seem to be tight, might as well start doing something about it ;)

Everett Carroll

Your stretching rectus femoris best when pulling your heel back towards your glute. You can do this standing up, pulling your ankle up with your hands. Another option is laying on your stomach, attach a band around one ankle and pull it towards your glute. 

Luke Searra

Nicely done Tobias

Tobias Magnussen

I've build this element up to 5x 1min. with the form shown in the video below. What do you guys think?

 

Luke Searra

Thank you for your submission Tobias, great job for sure, but I would like to see your scapular protraction remain as consistent as it is in the end as it is in the beginning. Keep up the good work.

Tobias Magnussen

Thank you, Luke. I will keep working some more on this element and get it more solid. How about ppt? any improvements compared to my last video or sitll kinda the same?

Luke Searra

I would still like to see more PPT and more protraction - to be brutally honest I preferred the protraction from your July video. But - the movement looks very stable. Good job

Leo Trinidad

i agree with Luke. your July video has better protraction. keep it up. consistency is the key :) @Tobias Magnussen

Tobias Magnussen

Thanks a lot guys! My july video is my 1st set while my august video is my 5th set - Might be the reason why my video doesn't look as stable anymore :D Anyways, I will continue working on this element and make it more stable :)

"more ppt" is however starting to become a headache for me.... How can I improve? any supplemental work I can add to my daily routines? 

 

Everett Carroll

Handstand 1 is filled with exercises for improving PPT. From Foundations, the front lever progressions are going to help a lot. 

In the plank, keep squeezing your core and glutes hard. Also, check that your quads are tight as this will help keep everything tighter.

Everett Carroll

I moved your HS specific questions to the H1 forum, Tobias. As far as the HBH goes, keep working hard on that because a deficiency in core strength is going to negatively effect progress with PPT. 

Tobias Magnussen

The video below is from my workout 2day. Any thoughts about this element? Any improvement? :\?

Thanks in advance!

Everett Carroll

-I would like to see more protraction (spread you shoulder blades further apart).

-Squeeze glutes and core to achieve more PPT.

-Move forward a bit more so your shoulders are directly over your elbows.