Swings and dislocates (on straps)

Started by umbu, July 14, 2016 · 2 Replies · 2,014 Views

umbu

Hi all, would appreciate if I could get a critique on some swings and dislocates that I've been working on. They are done on straps but should be no different than on rings.

Some things I have spotted myself (but not sure how to fix):

- Piking up to inverted hang rather than using the front swing

- Bend in elbows and heavy drop at bottom after dislocate 

- Rhythm of swing seems off – should I be pulling back with arms earlier on front swing?

- How do I gain more amplitude on the swings?

Would appreciate any guidance on these issues or any comments. Thank you!

Alessandro Mainente

I think that your form needs some refinements:

-in your first pike you need to open at 45° to the ceiling

-after they kip you should press down against the straps so that the movement it is controlled by your muscles and not passively absorbed. I have this doubt because after the back kip your body is arched and your seems to fall in between your arms rather than be supported by them

-during the dislocate I prefer that shoulders, hips and feet are a bit above the rings.

-with actual form there is more risk of injury.

-I suppose that your shoulders stabilization is ready for dislocate on straps.

David McManamon

Certain skills have the potential to be very dangerous and require a coach, not online coaching.  While you may receive some excellent advice on this forum, I would recommend not pursuing that skill at all if you feel the need to ask for basic advice in an online forum.