This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE4 & iM

Started by Julia Quigley, July 14, 2016 · 12 Replies · 106 Views

Julia Quigley

Ok, I'm ready to get torn apart. This seemed too easy (I mean, it was a workout! Don't get me wrong!). But generally something seeming easy means I'm doing it really wrong :P

Light me up!

 

 

Ryan Bailey

Hi Julia. I do these with the legs parallel to the floor and feel it much more than the 45 degree angle version.

Cole Dano

Julia, lengthen the strap out so you can walk your feet further up the rungs. It's a bit of trial and error to get it set just right.  

The feet should be just below the hips but as close to hip level as possible without the strap sliding down.  

Julia Quigley

Ok, good to know. Maybe that should be in the course notes? 

In Wes's video with the stall bars and strap, the model's feet are on the bottom rung. So that's what I copied.

I'll go higher next week and see what happens.

Any feedback on the iM? Seems straight forward, but you never know :)

image.png

Julia Quigley

Also, should my feet be together? Not sure if that's a must or preference. 

Everett Carroll

In addition to what Cole said, for the strength you want your feet together and for the mobility, you want your feet slightly wider than hip width.

Luke Searra

In addition Julia, I would try to make sure you are leaning directly sideways. Good job, keep it up.

Julia Quigley

Hey guys! For the PE, I raised my feet up and put them together. For the iM, I widened my stance a bit and filmed it from the side. On the right track? Other observations?

Thanks!

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Great improvements Julia!

Leo Trinidad

good range of motion Julia. keep up the good work :)

Julia Quigley

Thanks, Everett and Leo! I'm so thankful for the time you guys (all the forum coaches!) put into me.

Everett Carroll

Not a problem! You're clearly working hard at it so it's worth every second.

Luke Searra

Good job Julia