I can keep my knees on my elbows all day, but I can't lift them more than an inch for a second or two. How should I bridge the gap to PE2?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
HS/PE1 Form Check
Started by James Tyree, July 14, 2016 · 4 Replies · 60 Views
It will help to think of shifting the weight towards your head as you lift the knees.
The hips will move so they are over you head.
If you are having great difficulty two options to help are
- lift one leg at a time
- set up near a wall and walk up feet up the wall.
Thanks! Should PE1 be done with knees resting on the elbows or should I try to keep them free for 60 seconds before attempting to go up?
You can leave them from the elbows, keeo knees together to the chest, heels on butt and lift the upper legs until it is horizontal. this is a starting point.
I finally figured out that my head was too far from my hands. Once I closed the distance, my legs went right up with no trouble. Before that,my arms weren't strong enough to compensate for the CG being so far off center when the legs started to extend.