This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Injury, Fundamental

Started by Carl Occhipinti, July 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 102 Views

Carl Occhipinti

I have been going through the program for the first two weeks.  On two occasions I have had pretty bad pain in my back, side, and hip (pain is consistent with, although worse, than the pain I have had over the years playing racquetball.  Improving my back and hip mobility so I can begin regularly playing racquetball again is my objective of starting the program).  Note that I am particularly inflexible in most of my body.  Also note that the only common exercise I performed the two times I experienced pain was the crab (which I perform terribly).  Also the pain does not hit me when exercising, but the next morning.

I'm interested in some guidance on how to proceed with the program to get the benefits without worsening my injuries.  Thank you.

 

 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Carl,

Since you think crab may be the cause, remove it from your next workout or scale it way down and see how you feel after that. How bad is the pain when you wake up?

Carl Occhipinti

Thanks Everett.

 

First time it was bad (walking was a struggle for about 4 days, and stopped all the gymnastic exercises for nearly a week).  First time was maybe an 8 (scale of 1 to 10).  This morning more like 5. 

Everett Carroll

That's good that the pain decreased significantly but the 8/10 pain level raises a red flag for me. Take it much slower and easier so that you don't need to take time off of your scheduled training.

Mark Collins

Have you tried the modifications from Wes?