This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Issues with FTP series

Started by Lakshman Sankar, July 13, 2016 · 3 Replies · 104 Views

Lakshman Sankar

I just purchased the handstand course but when I got to FTP/PE1 had a lot of trouble because my middle finger is quite a bit longer than my ring or index fingers so I couldn't straighten my arms unless all of my weight was on the middle finger alone.

Should I modify the exercise to utilize more of my fingers or just work on this progression until my middle finger gets strong enough on its own?

Alessandro Mainente

Can you post a video of the specific problem?

meanwhile remember that the cue are the fingers, for this reason work to reach the weight at least on the 3 central fingers.

 

Oussama KHELLADI

same fingers as u but dont worry just transfer the weight naturally with the mvt i have no problem with it 

Lakshman Sankar

Alessandro, here's a gif showing how my middle finger prevents my ring/index fingers from touching the wall:

 ezgif.com-video-to-gif (1).gif

Oussama, that's good to hear.  I'll continue doing the exercise on my middle finger for now.