Hey, i wonder whether it makes a difference for my mastery whether i wear shoes for SLS PE2 iM or not? Right now i always wear them but i am not sure whether this negates the purpose of the iM?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
SLS PE 2 iM using shoes?
Started by Jochen Friedrich, July 13, 2016 · 4 Replies · 94 Views
I can only imagine wearing shoes making the iM more difficult as it lengthens all of the levers involved and so puts more stress on the ankles and knees; unless the are hi-top shoes providing ankle support, which would negate the ankle adaptations of course.
Either way I'd probably ditch the shoes for all the SLS stuff- we want strong feet too!
I personally don't wear shoes for any of my training any more and it feels much nicer to me ![]()
Cheers
Max
Certainly doesn't negate it. I have to wear shoes at my gym.
Barefoot is probably more comfortable, and may give you bit more ankle stretch depending on what you wear. But this shouldn't affect your progress as long as you are not sticking and twisting ![]()
Thank you guys - did it without shoes today - was not really a difference. Amazing how much easier they are now then when i did them for my first time!
Great job Jochen! keep it up