This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

workout scheduler

Started by Mike Kelly, July 12, 2016 · 13 Replies · 221 Views

Mike Kelly

After seeing on the forums that you can now move workouts around I thought I would give this another try.  I logged all my workouts last week and had two problems

1) I did bent hollow holds 52sx4 but could only input 48s or less since that is the template - no way to include any extra reps or time on this or other elements?

2) This week my workouts didn't advance to next step?  i.e. Last week I compete 48sx4 on bent hollow holds and the scheduler says to do same again this week?

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

1. Generally... no. However you can mention the extra work in the space for notes.

2. For a particular element if you "Failed" one set, according to the automatic workout scheduler. The workout scheduler will automatically keep you on the particular step.

If you are at same step do not worry about it just do the workout, The human body needs time to develop strength. I have been working on an advanced version of RC/PE6 for a year or two and I am still not why I want to be with it.

Mike Kelly

thanks but my point was that I completed the "scheduled work" on several PEs and it didn't advance?

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

I know what you were implying. However if you accidentally, without realizing it, put one set with less then the required and didn't fix the error before Sunday. The automatic workout scheduler will automatically keep your scheduled work the same.

Mike Kelly

Thanks - I just double checked and PEs that didn't advance show in green color for "done" last week, and when I drill down to detailed view it shows 100% complete.

There are other PEs that I didn't complete.  i.e. I didn't do any SLS as I am dealing with knee injury

Cory Fair

If you miss any of the scheduled exercises, you aren't ready to advance the week. In your case, both SL and SLS were marked as missed. I would recommend to take SLS off the schedule since the course won't know why you didn't do it. Be sure that once you've taken off SLS that everything else this week is attempted.

Mike Kelly

thanks

is there a way to go back and delete the SLS and SL from last week to "fix" this?

Wayne Smith

As I understand it, now that you know how the scheduler works, couldn't you just enter your data correctly for this week, and it will be "fixed" from next week onwards?

Mike Kelly

I hope so :)

but I also thought it would make sense to be able to edit last weeks workout?

Sam Lock

I am also having some technical problems.  They are USER ERROR, no doubt, but bc I was unable to complete one of the days and did not make all the prescribed reps on one of the exercises.  I marked it as "did not attempt."  Now, the next week won't populate.  I am fine with the fact that I need to repeat last week's routines, but it seems like the week should populate.  Is there a work-around for this issue?  My fear is that if I leave things as they are on my log, no routine will ever populate.  In other words, what change do I need to make on my log that will ensure that the computer program understands that I am progressing?

Cory Fair

Hi Sam,

You didn't log the workout for yesterday (Sunday). As soon as you do that (advanced view -> workout scheduler -> scroll to last week) the new schedule will generate.

 

 

Sam Lock

I have attempted to mark that I did not attempt the exercises on that particular day, but it doesn't change anything.  Do I need mark the exercises as completed before it generates the next week? 

Cory Fair

Did you perhaps not save it? I marked everything not attempted for you and it generated the new schedule. 

Sam Lock

That must've been the problem.  Thank you for straightening it out for me.