This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Fundamentals to Handstand

Started by Ketan Patel, July 11, 2016 · 4 Replies · 199 Views

Ketan Patel

I have finished the Fundamentals course. I have come to see a number of mobility issues that have developed  over the years. I am working the daily limber followed by one of the review sessions to improve the mobility. I have noticed some improvements in my weight training since doing so.

I am keen to do Foundation One but equipment after the initial course will be come a problem. One of my ambitions was to do a handstand. Is it possible to just do handstand course without any Foundation training? Seems like a crazy idea I know but would like to hear the expert opinions.

 

 

Everett Carroll

It is possible to do the Handstand course on its own but fundamentals and foundations will strongly compliment your Handstand work. All of the GB courses are integrated and ensure no holes are left in your physical preparation.

Jon Douglas

You have the names backwards; Fundamentals is the intro course which segues into Foundation :) when you said you'd finished Foundation with 1 post my eyebrows went up! :D

As Everett said, F + H are intended to work together and synergise. If equipment is a cause for pause, we have a couple of threads in the course forums on improvising or substituting equipment :)

Coach Sommer
2 minutes ago, Jon Douglas said:

You have the names backwards; Fundamentals is the intro course which segues into Foundation :) when you said you'd finished Foundation with 1 post my eyebrows went up! :D

As Everett said, F + H are intended to work together and synergise. If equipment is a cause for pause, we have a couple of threads in the course forums on improvising or substituting equipment :)

Thank you, Jon.  I edited the initial post to reflect the correct course names.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Coach Sommer

Hi Ketan,

Very little equipment is required to start Foundation One; basically a set of fitness rings, a dowel and some very light dumbbells.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer