Working Stretch Series into my handstand training

Started by Tyler Malinky, July 11, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,427 Views

Tyler Malinky

I am currently in the process of the Handstand 1 course. I would like to work on my flexibility in tandem with this (I am currently training Handstand M W F). I didn't know if Thoracic, Middle and Front Split could be alternated, or if one should be focused on for a period of time before moving to the next? 

I would like to work them into the handstand work without strains or irritation due to too high of frequency. Would it be acceptable to do Handstand M W F and alternate in the stretch series on Tuesday and Saturdays as well? Not sure as too how much is 'too much' in terms of recovery, I don't want to over train and waste time or take steps backwards.

Thanks you!

Alessandro Mainente

They should be trained once a week so yes they could be alternated during a week schedule.

I would do 2 hs days and hold the other days for the stretch courses. maybe doing TB seris in between the split courses.