Straddle Planche

Started by Nic Scheelings, December 4, 2009 · 4 Replies · 1,902 Views

Nic Scheelings

Hi all,

These are some of my better planches. Still not perfect, but my arms are definitely straight this time. I'm just wanting to know what else I can do to improve it. I feel like I do not engage with my lower back a lot when I do it, compared to some people. Any thoughts on how to get it really solid from here are appreciated.

LIccPIej9bY

Hayden Whealing

Don't know about the planche but I do like that Josh Pyke song

sasquatch

Great job, man!

I hope I can atleast learn and advanced tuck planche someday.

Nic Scheelings

Yeah I like Josh Pyke :D

Richard Duelley

Looks like you just need to flatten it out a little bit more . . . which means getting stronger. Just keep doing what you are doing, add in some planche pushups (in whatever position you can do them in, I do a tuck or adv tuck if I feel strong that day) and maybe some planche leans on the rings and just keep practicing! Work back levers and other movements to help your lower back out, which should help you eliminate the slight pike.

It looks great just keep chugging along! :mrgreen: