This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE 2 form check please

Started by Kirsten Stewart, July 11, 2016 · 9 Replies · 107 Views

Kirsten Stewart

 

Julia Quigley

Welcome to form checks! :) 

I noticed that you're losing the hollow body position during the rock which is causing some of the jerkiness (if your lower back isn't pressed into the floor the whole time, you're basically asking your body to roll over a pothole!). 

I believe your feet should also be closer to the floor.

I suspect a forum coach will ask to roll this back to PE1 to fix both of these issues there before adding the rocks, but I'll let them weigh in for sure.

Everett Carroll

Your rock needs to get smoother. Right now you are spending a lot of time on your tailbone when instead you should be contacting the floor harder with your lower back. Work hard on that hollow shape and generate the rock from your core. Oftentimes, a deficiency in the static hold is what prevents a smooth rock.

Kirsten Stewart

Ok! In hindsight I probably should have posted a form check for the 1st element so I will roll it back and make sure it's correct before moving on. Thanks you guys!

Julia Quigley

I'm not sure why, but the link isn't working for me :(

Cole Dano

I'm not able to open the video. 

Kirsten Stewart

Sorry! Here you go. 

 

Cole Dano

Ok this shows why the rocks are troublesome for you. 

The upper half is working fine and you have a nice flat lower back but your hips aren't doing anything. 

If you think that you want to rock with this shape you can see the upper half is nice and round so I will rock, but the bottom half is a straight line which won't rock.

The key is to strongly engage the lower abs to pull your tailbone any amount up off the floor which will allow you to smoothly rock. 

Kirsten Stewart

Ok! Thank you! I do see what you mean. I'm definitely going to have to play with this. It almost feels easier to do what you are describing with straight legs so maybe I need to find that spot and then pull my knees in and hold them there. I'll keep working at it and watching others' videos for sure. Thanks for your time!!