Digital Pain Coaching? Curious if this is the right place.

Started by Aaron Stahl, July 11, 2016 · 2 Replies · 936 Views

Aaron Stahl

I saw in another post where this was said:

I'm going to paraphrase what Coach said in Denver seminar last weekend: 

If pain remains after an exercise and next day... that's "pain" we don't want (injury) and you need to have it evaluated by an expert.

So by this definition I need to see an expert for my knee.  It's feels like a tendon issue and hamstring stretching continues to aggravate it.  I had a mild knee sprain a couple months ago but the MRI came back negative (showed some strain on the ACL but my knee feels solid now, and was cleared by an orthopedic surgeon).   That being said I've got something seriously wrong with the IT band, tendon behind the knee or something in that area.  

Anyway, would this be the place to post a video explaining the issue and where the pain is?  I figure some of the coaches and athletes on here have seen similar before. 

 

Alessandro Mainente

You can but do not consider the opinions a valid substitute of a specialist exam.

Coach Sommer

Hi Aaron,

In this instance you need to do your due diligence and first receive an evaluation from a medical professional for the knee issue prior to attempting to plan proper workouts to correct the issue.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer