This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 form check

Started by Niklas Vange, July 11, 2016 · 5 Replies · 67 Views

Niklas Vange

Hi!

I just need to know if my lean and my back position is alright/enough. It's one thing to watch the course videos, but to compare them to your own progress can be quite hard in my opinion. Thanks in advance :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B52tEn9icxE1OFYxa2FHeml2RGc

Alessandro Mainente

I prefer hips lower so that you are assuming a diagonal line and more lean of course.

Niklas Vange
31 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

I prefer hips lower so that you are assuming a diagonal line and more lean of course.

Thank you Alessandro! 

OK, so hips even lower? Why do you prefer it? Is it "golden standard" to do it that way or do you have other reasons? And yes, of course more lean...I guess the more the better; this is my first attempt :mellow:

Everett Carroll

I agree that your hips should be lower and your lean further. Keep more tension in yours glutes and legs throughout the lean and your hips should remain lower.

Niklas Vange
11 minutes ago, Everett Carroll said:

I agree that your hips should be lower and your lean further. Keep more tension in yours glutes and legs throughout the lean and your hips should remain lower.

Thank you Everett!

 

I find it hard to lean further forward due to a mobility restriction in my wrists (I think, at least...). Is it OK to turn out your hands as needed? In the course video it seems like he has his hands turned out significantly...

 

 

Everett Carroll

The wrist stretches and exercises from Handstand 1 are your ticket to fix that. Turning your hands out is acceptable, however. You never want to push through pain in your wrists so keep patiently working on their health and range of motion.