This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

'Before' photos. What to do?

Started by Adam Turner, July 11, 2016 · 5 Replies · 291 Views

Adam Turner

Starting F1, H1 and all 3 stretches today.

Id like to keep a photographic log of progress and will be taking my 'before' shots today.

I thought I could do the foundation animals and both splits as far as I can go but wanted to ask if there are any other shots I could take to track flexibility and mobility progress?

Gabriel Nunez

Definitely take shot of Jefferson curls, vertical ups, bridges, Supine Shoulder Extension, etc. Essentially, I would watch the video demonstration and then try to move myself. If you cannot approximate the range of motion that the demonstrator is doing, take a picture, and enjoy the progress ;D

Jon Douglas

Heh. Definitely take a video of your initial handstand and put it somewhere safe, you'll be amazed at the difference in time.

 

Adam Turner
2 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

Heh. Definitely take a video of your initial handstand and put it somewhere safe, you'll be amazed at the difference in time.

 

That is a plan. A picture would just be me crumpled on the floor having fallen on my face. A video will capture the intimate details too.

 

William Trask

Found an interesting app called Body Barista.  It allows you to take 3 photos (side, front, back) it merges them into one photo side by side. Then over time, each successive photo set is collated into a slideshow movie of your physique transformation.

icon175x175.png

John Kiggundu

Something that I wish I'd taken a video of, but didn't, was my initial attempts at a deck squat, my first twisting squat attempts, heck, even straddle ups, pretty much everything that's got a mobility component of some sort is fair game.