This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Day 8 - Any Modifications to the Trunk Rotation Stretch

Started by John Markham, July 11, 2016 · 5 Replies · 119 Views

John Markham

Or alternatives? I can't even get my inside hand on the wall when I rotate.

Everett Carroll

Are you experiencing any pain, John? If not, then it may be good to simply continue working the range of motion that you are capable of right now.

John Markham

Thanks, Everett. No pain. Just extreme lack of mobility. Will continue working on it.

Brady Edge

Another clarifying question, because I'm in the same boat as John here, very little mobility while rotating.

There's an emphasis on keeping the hips square while doing this exercise, but I see Oli and Grace both have a little bit of hip rotation in the videos. I'm thinking that a little bit of rotation is okay, as long as you apply some resistance in the opposite direction toward squaring the hips. Is that correct? (Without resistance I feel a strong twist in the opposite knee.)

Everett Carroll

Resisting and pushing towards square is a great way to start developing that mobility, Brady.

Brady Edge

Great, I appreciate it.