Unique movements on pull up bars

Started by John Sapinoso, December 3, 2009 · 8 Replies · 12,901 Views

John Sapinoso

I've never seen someone move like this on a pull up bar.

pqs1RFLgpp4

wZLKXBcZ-Ws

C031FufDfNU

RBHC2s5IiAg

Nick Van Bockxmeer

looks incredibley painfull to be honest and can't really be too good for the shoulders.

the hold where you hang with one arm pulled across your back is commonly used in circus aerials. However adding in korean dips and muscle ups is not...

John Sapinoso

I think there's a reason we don't see people move like this on a bar, here's one of the more painful looking ones I just came across.

WcSJirfWZfc

I wonder if there is any possible benefit subjecting your body to that kind of movement.

BTW anyone who replies with the physically impossible misnomer that "he's double jointed" will make me die inside a little bit :lol:

Razz

I don't get what the f'**k is happening in that last vid :shock:

griffdrc

looks like he has a form of ehlers-danlos syndrome (hyper mobility... was called type III)... there are various effects but the one its most famous for is very elastic tendons/ligament causing unusual joint mobility... collagen is a fibrous protien that gives strength to connective tissue (i.e. skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, organ and blood vessel walls)

eds is autosomal dominant and can be related to a mutation of the type v collagen gene... responsible for the defects in fibrillar-collagen metabolism about 50% of the time, depending on the type of eds... there are some cases with an unknown cause (tenascin-x absent but normal expression of tenascin-C and type V collagen)...

ps sorry if you died a little inside :/

Joshua Naterman

Wow. That's a crazy condition.

Razz: Look at his shoulders, they are hyper-mobile so he can internally rotate unbelievably far. It took my mind a moment to register what I saw myself.

John Sapinoso
griffdrc said:
looks like he has a form of ehlers-danlos syndrome (hyper mobility... was called type III)... there are various effects but the one its most famous for is very elastic tendons/ligament causing unusual joint mobility... collagen is a fibrous protien that gives strength to connective tissue (i.e. skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, organ and blood vessel walls)

eds is autosomal dominant and can be related to a mutation of the type v collagen gene... responsible for the defects in fibrillar-collagen metabolism about 50% of the time, depending on the type of eds... there are some cases with an unknown cause (tenascin-x absent but normal expression of tenascin-C and type V collagen)...

ps sorry if you died a little inside :/

hahah you're the best!

IvanPS

One of the Bar-Barians, Rick Seedman did practice this a bit back in 2008.

I think he got motivated after seeing this video:

F44yhm4GMWE

it's back from 2007, so I guess it's not really something exactly new

the one hand muscle up at the beginning is quite cool although he uses a huge swing

I figure it must be quite popular in places in South America, because there are a bunch of clips of youth from there practicing various moves.

Seiji

If any of us tried this we'd all be screwed for life!