How's this?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Cameron Williams, July 9, 2016 · 12 Replies · 155 Views
How's this?
Good man. Did you notice that it improved slightly at about the 30s mark, when you bore down for the last spurt ![]()
Upper body excellent. Only thing I could correct there is a touch more mid-back, but knowing that I personally find this easier when my arms are straight I am okay with outsourcing that to the next element.
I may be splitting hairs a little more than required here, but I want to see the hips drop a touch more. You have just the suggestion of a pike as a result of them being a touch high, and that in combination with looking like you are working gives the impression that you may not be able to hold your hips a bit lower.
Fix that and you're golden ![]()
Thanks so much for all your feedback Jon ![]()
Heres another attempt... Not sure if my hips are lower on this one:
And here's an attempt at PE3:
Feedback is appreciated!
Cam
OK, here's my thought process so we are analysing together:
In the elbow plank we see the same thing as previously, hips haven't come down and there is just the suggestion of an arch in the lower back. I'd probably split the difference and give it to you if you hadn't a) shown the same thing previously and b) shown the same construction (excellent upper body positions, slight loss of PPT) in the plank. It's slightly more noticable here, which leads me suspect that on advancing to less supported positions you risk increasing it fractionally further, and training in a less-than-ideal habit. On that basis I would rather see the last bit of PPT in that elbow plank before you went on to plank holds. Then I'd want to see it there, because it looks like it is a factor you're going to need to monitor a little in straight-body work ![]()
Do I think this will stop you getting a planche? No. Do I think it will stop you getting a really nice planche? Possibly. Plus we want the clean lines and body shape for your other lever and HS work, so in my opinion it is worth chasing that up ![]()
Thanks very much Jon for the detailed post - much appreciated!
I hear what you're saying about getting the ppt and body line in better shape now so they don't cause me grief later.
I think we spoke about this in another thread but should I be doing additional stretching to get my PPT in better shape? I'm already doing all 3 stretch courses and have done for over a year now. Is there something else I should be doing beyond this or just keep working and be patient?
Thanks again ![]()
Cam
Just bumping this up on the forum list... just looking for a little guidance on what to do regarding the above conversation.
Should I stay on PE2 and do supplemental quad/hip flexor stretches (beyond what I'm doing with front split)?
I would, moving forward until you get the body line a little cleaner will only lead to more problems. I'm pretty sure the early FL elements will also help you with working out how to get the bottom ribs in.
Ok will do.
Are there any specific stretches you recommend for this, apart from front split?
Thanks!
Cam
Doing cat cow mobility will help you solidify your PPT and Protraction
Thanks Leo!
Is this something I should do everyday?
yes you can Cameron. how far are you from FL progressions?
Ok cool, will do.
Im on PE2 at the moment, working on 4x36r.
Is this a better body line?