This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE2 Form Check

Started by Cameron Williams, July 9, 2016 · 12 Replies · 126 Views

Cameron Williams

How's this?

 

Jon Douglas

A little too much bounce for my taste. Depth is good, ankle flex is fine :)

For carry-over to middle split I'd like to see your feet turned out a little further, but I think I'm nitpicking unnecessarily here. Show those with a slower tempo and you're fine.

Cameron Williams

Thanks Jon!

Is this better?

 

Jon Douglas

I'm happy with the reps on the left , but i note that on the right there appears to be a fair bit more torso lean forwards. This could conceivably be camera angle; otherwise clean that up and you're fine :)

Cameron Williams

Will do! Thanks!

Cameron Williams

Is this better?

I also did a PE3 video for good measure... How is this?

 

Jon Douglas

PE2's fine :) pats on for diligence.

PE3 just about fine, I don't think it's an issue just a lack of attention, but your right leg has a slight tendency to turn forwards (by which I mean drop your knee forwards just a little). This is the leg that if you're not paying attention you had the tendency to lean over before, and in the video your ankle is noticably a little tighter on that side than the other. This is an indicator of some hip tightness, and something to be aware of going on. I'd also like you to stay a little more upright; for me this element feels a lot like a middle split, and they are included in that series for this reason :)

I think this is stuff you can easily correct if you keep it in mind.

You could eke smore depth out of them if you like, hamstrings touching the deck are ideal, but bearing the points above in mind, I'm pretty much fine with your side-to-side reps.

Cameron Williams

Awesome feedback, thanks again Jon!

I'll work on those points for tomorrow's workout and re-post a form check then.

Cam

Cameron Williams

Is this better in terms of my right knee and upper body upright?

And here's my first attempt at PE4:

I know it's not at mastery level, but I thought I'd post as a reference for where I'm at.

Would you say my PE3 is good enough to move on to PE4? Or is my PE4 so deficient that I should stay at PE3 a little longer?

Thanks in advance!

Cam

 

Alessandro Mainente

Personally I prefer more depth in the PE3, so focus on this for a couple of weeks more.

Cameron Williams

Will do.

Thank you Alessandro!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Cameron are you training SLS every day? Sheesh. Good on ya for your recovery level, lol.

Cameron Williams

Haha! 

No man, just filming a lot of form checks :D